Friday, July 16, 2010

THEN AND NOW

I know, too long since I wrote anything. Too much going on and ya, you know what, the recent development being that i would be homeless as my p.g owner has politely asked us to find a better place as he wants to sell the flat! (I know, exclamation mark should not be used here, but am truly amazed as to this sudden shock)

By then and now, I definitely mean the changes that I have faced in my day to day life.

Then I was a carefree li'l girl who had to ask for a ten rupee note to buy wafers from the canteen of the school. Now, I earn.

Then I had just left home to settle in Ahmedabad for a short period of time to study. Now I work for Ahemdabad.

Then it was hostel to college, friends and outings. Now it is office, colleagues and work.

Then it was tension about studies, ranks and grades. Now its about money and survival of the fittest.

Then it was about fighting with roommates for who will prepare the tea. Now there aint time for tea.

Then it was studying late in the nights, just to have maggi at 2 am. Now its about sleeping early for the office schedule tomorrow.

Then it was about a jeans not washed for a week. Now its about being formal.

Then it was about lack of money. Now its about lack of friends.

Then it was about sleepless nights, chats, fun and flirts. Now its the same scheduled routines.

Then it was bunking classes. Now cannot even think to bunk.

Then it was rushing home at every possible holidays. Now its a long wait.

Then the only kid was me and my bro. Now its my darling nephew.

I really miss my those days. I know am sounding over nostalgic.

But the huge point is even we keep on changing with situations. I wonder, am I the same?




10 comments:

  1. Change is always good dear...being the same always is very PATHREELA feelings.Living objects always grow.Change is always growth....and while i am writing this a beautiful ad is going on in television....which ultimately says : "KHUBSOORAT HAI BADHNA !!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. dun worry u wil find a better place....
    n even i miss the 2a.m. maggie..................

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi naishadh sir,
    one more then is my days at red fm, i really miss all that fun too.. but ya i have left behind the place but the not the people and the lovely memories..

    ReplyDelete
  4. heli,
    i am sure i will find a better place that can accomodate me, but the point is i will never find roomies like u or the fun of the 2 am maggie that i have had with u.. please cum back.. mis u..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm....
    even i wanna cum back lets see if sumthing works out....
    miss u too..:(
    n ya u knw m d best loll.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Adu,

    All the very best deary, I know U will surely get a comfortable place to put up. And as far as the "change" is concerned, It does change people very often! Be the same, as you were. Change is a part of life. Hope this "change" will change you in a better way.

    Hugs bachchaaa.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey...nice one!!ya then and now..wl always be there...that reminds me that then i was also a carefree gal like you only..now am a mother...time changes and so does our role in life..but jus learn to live each moment of ur life with full happiness and see how beautiful life becomes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi dear!
    as kalgidi said live each momment of ur lif..
    after few months or years when u ll b settld down in ur lif at that tim u ll really enjy remembring these days.. jst lik today u r remebring ur past... so dnt worry and enjy and with lil change in wht mr purani has said "khubsurat he aage badhna,kyuki jindgiki khubsurati dekhna baki he "

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks kalgi and parthivbhai,
    for all the insight..
    keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. from my darling brother-in-law: (who could not post the comment due to technical reasons)
    really good one, takes me also back to good old days. but the grass is always greener on the other side.. when u were in college, u must be thinking how nice it is to be independent. so accept the change and enjoy it. change is the way of life, it is inevitable. adaptability to change - one has to learn. also managing change is very imp. it is the way you look at it. so have a positive forward looking outlook and live every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete